Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Little Girl Erin

Friday is Erin Renae Symonds Oscarson's birthday. She will be 29 and will remain 29 for another 80 years or so. The Symonds family have a special tradition. We tell each other our favorite memories about the birthday person at the party. Since I won't be present for the party, I thought this was the best venue to share my memories and to ask you to add your favorite memories about the birthday girl.
Erin Renae screamed bloody murder for the first six months of her life. The only time she was happy was when I had her in a snuggy front pack and sang primary songs. I had been a primary chorister when I was pregnant with her, and she seems to need music like some babies need milk. Isn't it ironic that she is now a primary chorister and allergic to milk?
Erin was speaking full sentences from almost the beginning. I will never forget watching her spell. I read books to her from birth with numbers, counting, letters and just plain fun. She was learning to spell between age one and eighteen months. Joy Forman came over to visit mom and dad. Eighteen month old Erin came in and introduced herself. She said, "Hi, my name is Erin, E-R-I-N, that spells Erin." Joy began to scream and point at her and then frantically exclaimed that "that baby was talking." Nothing has changed. She is still talking and amazing all of us and thanks to her organization, we will remain as connected and as my shrink says, "enmeshed" as ever. I call it love!

No comments:

Post a Comment